Property disputes can be complex and stressful, because they almost always involve an asset with significant value.
Our property dispute lawyers have the expertise to provide professional advice and representation in all areas of Property Law and can navigate everything from minor residential disputes to sizable commercial development disputes, including:
- Residential buying, selling and leasing disputes
- Commercial buying, selling and renting disputes (including retail shop lease disputes), and
- Negligence arising from residential or commercial property purchase or sale, including off-the-plan sales.
While our property dispute lawyers work within state legislation, they are sometimes required to work with local councils as well, for example when it comes to significant town planning and environmental disputes.
Our property dispute lawyers can also represent various stakeholders in body corporate disputes, that include:
- Claims against third party contractors
- Debt recovery
- Disputes between the body corporate and lot owners, and
- Complaints by the Commissioner’s Office
Commercial Property Disputes
Commercial property disputes are often complex and involve multiple parties in dispute, such as property developers, residential disputes, commercial lease disputes, and sellers or buyers in dispute.
Some areas that commercial property disputes can relate to:
- Real estate sales and acquisitions;
- Commercial, industrial and retail leasing disputes;
- Mortgage and property defaults;
- Title disputes (encroachments, caveats, rights of way and easements).
Trying to resolve commercial property disputes without a lawyer can be complex to resolve, especially when outcomes become sour and require litigation.
Some of the situations we’ve have helped our clients with include:
- Deposits not accepted by a failure to pay by the date required in the contract,
- A seller or real estate agent misrepresenting a property of value or income with the buyer purchasing based on fraudulent representation,
- The seller of a property concealing established property damage or a pest and building inspector failing to detect an issue.
- A commercial tenant is not paying rent.
If you feel you have been taken advantage of or a property contract seems off, it’s time to get in touch for advice from our expert team of property litigation lawyers. They can help you through the whole disputes process to ensure your issue is resolved.
Commercial Lease Dispute Lawyer
Cost and time are usually the first things that come to mind with commercial lease disputes.
Issues in these cases are often complex, and without proper advice from an experienced commercial lease lawyer, unintended consequences or breach of lease may ensue.
Understanding your options for resolving a violation is important for both tenants and landlords, and to avoid termination of the lease, the right approach must be taken.
There are multiple ways that a commercial lease breach can be resolved which include:
- Serving a notice of default to remedy the breach
- Re-entry of premises and lock-outs
- Commencing legal action to recover losses
Understanding your rights will assist you in making the right decisions by getting the best advice and outcomes for both parties.
Litigation & Dispute Resolution In The Areas Of
We know you’d prefer to stay out of the courtroom and reach a dispute resolution outcome through settlement or a consent order instead, and that’s where we come in.
Good litigation lawyers possess strong communication and negotiation skills – but great litigation lawyers present a convincing legal argument favouring your position – and that’s what we do. Whether you’re the plaintiff or the defendant, no task is too big or small for our experienced team.